A few weeks ago I was headed to a dinner party at some of our friend’s home and wanted to bring a tasty appetizer to share. Originally I planned to do Lemon Pepper Chicken Skewers but I needed 2-3 fresh lemons and I really didn’t feel like running to the store. Normally I would use flank steak for this recipe but I had some beautiful tender thin steaks in the fridge so I simply sliced them up and used them instead!
– 1/3 C soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Original)
– 1/4 C white rice vinegar
– 1 Tablespoon ginger (use fresh minced ginger if you prefer)
– 2 green onions, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– Garlic Powder & Onion Powder to taste
– Sesame Seeds (about 2 Tablespoons)
– 1 to 1 1/2 lbs steak (something thin and tender like flank steak is best)
Mix together ingredients for marinade in a small bowl. Cut steak into slices about 1/4 inch thick & place in a 1 gallon ziplock bag. Pour marinade over steaks and mix well. Seal bag and refridgerate for 2 hours.
Place slices on skewers. Grill on high heat for about 3 minutes per side or to desired doneness.